Meon Infant School is an “Outstanding” two form entry school in Milton in the South of Portsmouth. We are a small school with a big heart and work in partnership with the local community and other nearby schools.
- We aim to provide a secure and nurturing environment where all teachers, parents, governors and visitors to our school are respected, valued and supported.
- We aim to instil a life-long love of learning, which enables all of our pupils to have the confidence to flourish in an ever changing world.
- We have high expectations for all of our pupils and aim to provide an education which is fun, creative, stimulating and appropriately challenging.
Respect, Resilience and Enjoyment.
- Respect – for one another and the world around us underpins all that we do at Meon Infant School. We celebrate the fact that we are all different and may hold different beliefs. Through an understanding of these differences, we promote tolerance and respect.
- Resilience – our engaging curriculum allows and encourages pupils to develop their skills to learn independently and to “have a go” at new and unfamiliar challenges. We encourage children to question and actively promote their reasoning skills in all areas of the curriculum to help develop enquiring minds.
- Enjoyment – our school is a happy place. The dedicated staff provide a broad and diverse curriculum which we believe makes learning fun for all involved inspiring the children to be the best that they can be.
We invite you to take the time to “hop” onto the lily pads to find out more about us……
In this section
The TSAT Governance Model is different to the way a governing body in a non-Academy or traditional school undertakes governance. Essentially, there are two elements to the governance of the TSAT Academies – local governance that is delivered via the…
Please see below a collection of photos of our school. If you are considering our school for your child, please contact us to arrange an appointment.
The documents below provide information relating to Special Educational Needs and Disabilities. The Meon Infant School offer is linked to the Portsmouth City Council Local Offer which will give you a wider picture of support available in Portsmouth.
Administration and support staff
Autumn Term 2019 4th September – 20th December Half Term: 28th October – 1st November Christmas break: 23rd December – 3rd January Spring Term 2020 6th January – 3rd April Half term: 17th – 21st February Easter break: 6th April – 17th April…
What is a Thinking School? An educational community in which all members share a common commitment to giving regular careful thought to everything that takes place. This involves both students and staff learning how to think reflectively, critically and…