As you will be fully aware, the internet has become a powerful tool to resource, play games, connect and to share ideas and opinions. In recent years Social networking sites such as Facebook, Instagram have grown in popularity and many people use them to communicate with family, friends and others.
We would like to help support any parents that have concerns regarding e-safety and below are some really informative sites.
- Think U Know: https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/5_7/ – website to share with your children to allow them to understand how to keep safe online
- NETAWARE (NSPCC): www.net-aware.org.uk – great website that allows you to search a game, app or site and find out about the age requirements and settings
- UK Safer Internet Centre: www.saferinternet.org.uk – tips and advice on keeping safe online
- www.portsmouth.gov.uk and search e-safety
- www.childnet.com/resources for child friendly e safety stories
Our school and home resources Education City also has different games/activities that the children can complete to support keeping them safe online or when using the internet.
If you have questions please do not hesitate to contact the school office.